The Tournament of the Minds is a unique opportunity for WCN 2021 participants to interact with colleagues, test intellectual tenacity, and demonstrate national pride, all while competing in city or departmental teams. As such, the aim of the Tournament of the Minds is to provide an experience that is both educational and entertaining for participants, integrating various aspects of neurology. This is the ninth time the Tournament has been organized by the World Federation of Neurology at a World Neurology Congress. Despite the need to go Virtual – we will still hold the best and most exciting Tournament ever!
Based on previous Tournaments, we know that this dynamic and enjoyable activity enriches the Congress for all participants – both professionally and socially.
WFN member societies are invited to enter a team of 4 neurologists in the Tournament (as per the guidelines listed below).
All teams will compete with each other in a knockout Qualifying Round, to answer questions on a range of neurological topics based on clinical cases from around the world; the questions will focus on visual material, videos and stills, with a minimum of text. The 8 teams that achieve the highest scores will progress to a Semi-Final Round and compete in two groups of 4 teams, with the winners of each group advancing to the Final.
Please send your details directly to the Congress Secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full names of all members of your team
- Email addresses of all members of your team
- City/department/institution you will be representing at the Tournament (All members of the team must be able to physically sit in the same room together)
- Team Leader (please note that all team members must be fully registered to the Congress in order to participate in the Tournament of the Minds)
Or contact the president of the relevant local Member Society who is responsible for coordinating national teams.
For more details on Member Societies, please visit: http://www.wfneurology.org/member-societies
Guidelines to enter:
Please note the below are very important as the Tournament will now be Online!
- All sessions take place from 14:30 pm – 15:30 pm Central European Time – teams need to join the session 45mins before for technical checks. This means that teams must be available from 13:45 pm Central European Time
- ALL members of the team must be able to physically sit in the same room together
- You will need: x1 webcam on a laptop/PC; Additional device (tablet/mobile phone) which will be used as a buzzer
- Stable internet connection (wired connection is preferable).
- Teams will need to make themselves available, 2-3 weeks before the Congress for a rehearsal (all team members to be in one room physically for rehearsal too)
Tournament Date and Times
- Tuesday, October 5, 2021: Tournament of the Minds: “Heats” Qualifying Round from 14:30- 15:30 Central European time
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021: Tournament of the Minds: Semi-Final from 14:30- 15:30 Central European time
- Thursday, October 7, 2021: Tournament of the Minds: Final from 14:30- 15:30 Central European time
Sign your team up by Monday, September 13, 2021!
* Requirements and guidelines are subject to change in order to accommodate the virtual format of the Tournament of the Minds.
** All team members will receive a 25% refund on their WCN 2021 registration fee after the Congress!
WCN 2021 TOM Committee
WFN TOM Committee member Names
|WFN TOM Chair||Nicholas Davies|
|WFN TOM Committee Member||Richard Stark|
|WFN TOM Committee member||Takashi Kanda|
|WFN TOM Committee member||Faouzi Belahsen|
|WFN TOM Committee member||Ricardo Fardic|
|WFN TOM Committee member||Andrea Vass|
SIN TOM Committee member Names
|SIN TOM Committee Chair||Gianluigi Mancardi|
|SIN TOM Committee member||Serenalla Servidei|
|SIN TOM Committee Member||Maria Pia Amato|
|SIN TOM Committee member||Antonio Toscano|