The Tournament of the Minds is a unique opportunity for WCN 2023 participants to interact with colleagues, test intellectual tenacity, and demonstrate national pride, all while competing in city or departmental teams. As such, the aim of the Tournament of the Minds is to provide an experience that is both educational and entertaining for participants, integrating various aspects of neurology. This is the tenth time the Tournament has been organized by the World Federation of Neurology at a World Neurology Congress.
Based on previous Tournaments, we know that this dynamic and enjoyable activity enriches the Congress for all participants – both professionally and socially.
We invite teams of 4 neurologists to enter the Tournament (as per the guidelines listed below).
All teams will compete with each other in a knockout Qualifying Round, to answer questions on a range of neurological topics based on clinical cases from around the world; the questions will focus on visual material, videos and stills, with a minimum of text. The 8 teams that achieve the highest scores will progress to a Semi-Final Round and compete in two groups of 4 teams, with the winners of each group advancing to the Final.
Please send your details directly to the Congress Secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full names of all members of your team
- Email addresses of all members of your team
- City/department/institution you will be representing at the Tournament (All members of the team must be able to physically sit in the same room together, for all heats, if joining as a virtual team)
- Indicate the Team Leader Name (please note that all team members must be fully registered to the Congress (onsite or online) in order to participate in the Tournament of the Minds)
- Indicate if you will be an onsite or online team
- Name of your team – since we have both online and onsite teams – it will not go according to country but rather according to Institution Name as we may have a few teams from the same country.
Or contact the president of the relevant local Member Society who is responsible for coordinating national teams.
For more details on Member Societies, please visit: http://www.wfneurology.org/member-societies
Guidelines to enter
Please note the below are very important as the Tournament will now be both Onsite and Online!
- All sessions take place from 13:00 pm – 14:00 pm Montreal, Canada Time – online teams need to join the session 30mins before for technical checks. This means that online teams must be available from 12:30 pm Montreal, Canada Time
- ALL members of the Online team must be able to physically sit in the same room together – onsite teams will be present in the session halls onsite.
- Your team needs to all be online or all onsite. You cannot split as all team members need to sit together.
- Online Teams: You will need: x1 webcam on a laptop/PC; Additional device (tablet/mobile phone) which will be used as a buzzer
- Stable internet connection (a wired connection is preferable).
- Teams will need to make themselves available, 2-3 weeks before the Congress for a rehearsal (all team members are to be in one room physically for rehearsal too)
Tournament Dates and Times
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023: Tournament of the Minds: “Heats” Qualifying Round from 13:00- 14:00 Montreal, Canada time
- Wednesday, October 18, 2023: Tournament of the Minds: Semi-Final from 13:00- 14:00 Montreal, Canada time
- Thursday, October 19, 2023: Tournament of the Minds: Final from 13:00- 14:00 Montreal, Canada time